Rose "Songs For The Ritually Abused"

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Rose "Songs For The Ritually Abused"

Post by Guest on Wed Mar 22, 2017 3:10 pm

Got my download this morning. After a couple of listens I am thoroughly amazed! This album is all over the place, from fuzzed out 70's rock with that "stoner" Danzig vibe to The Beatles and Queen inspired tracks this album has everything. That may sound like it could be a disaster but these tracks are very well done!

I was actually hoping from something modern and really heavy in the vein of the first three but this is great!

Thought I'd make a new thread while others started getting their downloads.

Anyone else?

Back to top Go down

Re: Rose "Songs For The Ritually Abused"

Post by alldatndensum on Wed Mar 22, 2017 4:30 pm

I got mine this morning.  I do like it, but I do miss the sound of Randy's first 3 full length albums away from MATW.  There are almost no guitar solos.  The music is strange at times.

I am not done with it, though.  I want to explore it more and see how it grows on me.
alldatndensum
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

http://www.christianhardmusic.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Staybrite on Wed Mar 22, 2017 7:24 pm

Download wouldn't work for me, don't feel like making the effort to get the other link....I'll just wait until my cd comes.
Staybrite
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by alldatndensum on Wed Mar 22, 2017 8:07 pm

Even if you do get the link, you will get the songs in WAV and have to convert to MP3 if you want to really make them portable.  You can burn a CD, but that would defeat the purpose of buying one.
alldatndensum
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

http://www.christianhardmusic.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Staybrite on Thu Mar 23, 2017 10:25 am

alldatndensum wrote:Even if you do get the link, you will get the songs in WAV and have to convert to MP3 if you want to really make them portable.  You can burn a CD, but that would defeat the purpose of buying one.

I could convert the WAV files without any serious difficulty, but I will end up ripping the CD anyway....so I will just wait for it (assuming it comes within the next week).
Staybrite
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by deathisgain on Thu Mar 23, 2017 7:39 pm

I'm diggin it. To me it is like a perfect melding of all of his styles and then some. The concept of the album is very dark, but compared to his catalog it is not far from what he put out in the past. I would dare to step out and say that it is probably one of the best Christian hard rock/metal albums put out in a long time. I don't qualify it just by liking it, but by it's quality and diversity, something lacking in this scene. It's refreshing to me. It has such warmth and raw emotion to it.
deathisgain
Metal Slacker

http://www.deathisgain.com

Back to top Go down

Post by strangerhoncho on Thu Mar 23, 2017 11:54 pm

Can't wait to hear it.  I thought I pledged for a download & CD but didn't get the download, just a link to an empty Google drive folder.  Weird.  I'll just wait for the CD.

strangerhoncho
Metal Warrior
Metal Warrior

Back to top Go down

Post by rtz on Fri Mar 24, 2017 7:09 am

I got the link however he removed the download after 48 hours.  I messaged him, he asked me to try again. I replied "no luck" and I have heard no response back since. Not real happy that he killed the link so fast. Some of us can't download it right away.  This project was due for release in Sept of last year. I completely understand the delay however, I am not happy that the link was removed so quickly.  His non-response to my message letting him know it didn't work is disheartening also....

rtz
mallcore n00b
mallcore n00b

Back to top Go down

Post by Staybrite on Fri Mar 24, 2017 1:14 pm

It's obvious that they had problems with the download (I was never able to download it either).  But having ordered the CD I'm not really that concerned with the download anyway.
Staybrite
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Fri Mar 24, 2017 2:49 pm

I thought the quick take down was odd too. I didn't see the email right away as it went to my spam folder. Then, when I did get it the link wouldn't work on my browser. I had to try a different browser and it wouldn't let me download the higher quality audio. Then it was down 12hrs later.

Back to top Go down

Post by rtz on Fri Mar 24, 2017 9:15 pm

Staybrite wrote:It's obvious that they had problems with the download (I was never able to download it either).  But having ordered the CD I'm not really that concerned with the download anyway.
 I opted for the vinyl pressing so my wait will be very long...... Grrrr

rtz
mallcore n00b
mallcore n00b

Back to top Go down

Post by deathisgain on Sat Mar 25, 2017 7:10 pm

Rand Rose wrote:Good afternoon Friends - I wanted to tell you what I privately informed the supporters last night - I'm officially releasing the record now, there's already several copies be blogged about and illegally being distributed - so It's officially released, and available now! for hard copies get them at randyrose.info, this will take about two weeks to get you the CD's, but the downloads are available now at iTunes, and Cdbaby, and in a few hours every other digital partner out there, so Let the world now, and download it now.
Sucks that this is already available for illegal download, but the fans can get it sooner now.
deathisgain
Metal Slacker

http://www.deathisgain.com

Back to top Go down

Post by My Awesome Timothy on Sun Mar 26, 2017 2:49 am

Just got this update from Rose..... This is disgraceful, really feel for artists these days.  Whoever is doing this deserves a  Angry Slap !!!

I just read on a forum that a few of you yesterday were unable to download the early release downloads - I have been sending private links to everybody that has messaged me - if you haven't got it to work - I have a few MP3 links with codes i can send to you, the idea of sending the supporters the Hi-Fi wave files were simply to give you guys, and only you guys the option of the 24bit master, which never gets sent out to the fans, this would normally only be for me here at the studio, and for the mastering house, so i was inviting you to hear it as I did, it may have been a bit ambitious, but it mattered to me, so if you want the codes for an MP3 download of the record message me, I have already seen at least 6 pirated download sites active in illegally proving this to anyone, so my web guy had to limit the time our links were up, thanks again for the support, and understanding.
Randy Rose

Last edited by My Awesome Timothy on Sun Mar 26, 2017 2:52 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Text)
My Awesome Timothy
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by exo on Sun Mar 26, 2017 5:32 am

Absolutely NOT saying it is "right" by ANY means......but this is the world we live in.  The cynic in me says "only 6?  He's pretty lucky it's not more."  When Dagon released Terraphobic 8 years go, torrents were THE big deal for pirating.  Within a few days of the release, there had been in excess of 1000 torrent hashfiles downloaded off ONE torrent listing site, and it wasn't even off a monster sized torrent site like Pirate Bay.

Pulling HIS DL link down is a futile action, unfortunately.  It's out there,and there's not much to be done about it unless he wants to invest in paying for a search-bit that runs several searches a day on the various host sites for his release, and send a DCMA every time it gets a hit.  Even then, all that really needs to be done for a pirate to stay ahead of that game is to change a few letters or add some numbers in the file name when they uploaded it to their preferred host(s).  It's pretty much a losing proposition from the get go.

The SECOND a copy goes out in advance of the official release date, it is going to be made pirate- able.   They ONLY people that will buy these days are the absolute diehards and friends of the artist, a "casual" will just wait for the inevitable leak, and it STINKS for the artists involved.

"You must be," said the Cat, or you wouldn’t have come here."

"Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid."
exo
Wielder of the BanHammer
Wielder of the BanHammer

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Sun Mar 26, 2017 2:26 pm

Barely giving it a first listen now and this album IS all over the place. Queens Of The Stone Age, The Doors, Queen, The Beatles, etc but it's got some great fuzzy guitars, pounding drums and thick bass. It sounds drastically different from the two demos he put out a couple years back of "Witchburner" & "Keep You To Myself".

Back to top Go down

Post by rtz on Sun Mar 26, 2017 8:30 pm

Randy contact me personally and I now have my downloads. Thank you Sir!

rtz
mallcore n00b
mallcore n00b

Back to top Go down

Post by zelote on Mon Mar 27, 2017 8:45 am

I bought the mp3 version from CD Baby, not my favorite music style, but not a bad album in anyway. Its a creative CD in the middle of so many boring and repetitive bands.

Good work guys, keep forward..... by the way,very interesting lyrics.

zelote
Seasoned Guardian
Seasoned Guardian

Back to top Go down

Post by no-YOU! on Sun Apr 02, 2017 9:54 am

Really looking forward to this. I'm old school so I'll wait for my cd!!!
no-YOU!
mallcore n00b
mallcore n00b

Back to top Go down

Post by Living Sacrifice on Tue Apr 04, 2017 2:57 am

I have always been a fan of Randy Rose. But this new album is a MASTERPIECE! The songs ranges from intense to soft. I found a much deeper appreciation for Randys vocals and I've never really fully understood how a beautiful voice he has and the range and ability to change it from soft to aggresive and his falsetto is a killer.

Like someone already said. I also hear the influences of The Beatles, Queen (Freddie Mercury-vocals), Queens of the Stoneage, and Muse. Bands I also like a a lot and listen to frequently.

To all of you in doubt, check it out on Spotify. Support, buy and spread the news. This is in my book an album who will stand the tests of time.

I have been listening to this album non stop this morning. I'm on my fifth spin and it's still making love to my ears. Smile
Living Sacrifice
mallcore n00b
mallcore n00b

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum