Northern Flame

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Northern Flame

Post by Andreas89 on Mon Mar 20, 2017 10:35 am

So, a few months ago I asked you guys for some suggestions for good christian euro power metal. One suggestion became the absolute winner so far: Northern Flame, as you can see in the thread title.

I'm very much into (sympho) power metal, especially from countries like Italy and Germany. Northern Flame however, is a Finnish band. I saw that there was no thread yet on this forum, so I wanted to give them some attention; which they need, because last time I checked, they had only like 750 facebook likes.

What to expect from this band: melody, melancholy, excellent vocal harmonies, a vocalist with a fairly low and full voice, speed, a little bit virtuosity, great use of keyboards, and to top it off: the quality of actually making good ballads. Here's the title track:

You may like them on facebook: https://www.facebook.com/northernflameofficial/
Andreas89
Metal Warrior
Metal Warrior

Back to top Go down

Re: Northern Flame

Post by metaldude on Mon Mar 20, 2017 10:42 am

Kerrick turned me on to this band a couple of years ago and I am glad he did. This was my favorite from the last album. 

metaldude
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by Andreas89 on Mon Mar 20, 2017 10:52 am

And you passed his wisdom on to me. Great track by the way!

And isn't that cover art pretty?
Andreas89
Metal Warrior
Metal Warrior

Back to top Go down

Post by eatbugs on Mon Mar 20, 2017 11:25 am

I have it too.  Great band but not very active on Facebook lately (I'm one of the "likes").

eatbugs
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by cailen on Mon Mar 20, 2017 11:48 am

I ordered it some time ago through Nordic Mission.

One of the most talented bands of this genre!

It reminds me of a mixture between

Whitecross,
Immortal souls,
Children of bodom,
Oratorio
and Lightmare.

One of the best releases of the last 10 years in this genre!

IMO

Last edited by cailen on Mon Mar 20, 2017 11:49 am; edited 1 time in total
cailen
Seasoned Guardian
Seasoned Guardian

Back to top Go down

Post by Kerrick on Mon Mar 20, 2017 11:49 am

metaldude wrote:Kerrick turned me on to this band a couple of years ago and I am glad he did.

Andreas89 wrote:And you passed his wisdom on to me. Great track by the way!

Aww, it's pay-it-forward, power metal style!  Razz  Haha I'm glad you gents enjoy.  They're a good band though I don't find myself listening to them a whole ton.  I believe they're working on new material though which I will be very excited to hear.

Through The Dark Radio wrote:Yep, he's so mean, he grimaces whenever he isn't listening to DOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOM!!! Twisted Evil
Kerrick
Tyrant
Tyrant

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Mon Mar 20, 2017 4:25 pm

I really like the album too. They wear their influences on their sleeves but still sound unique in a lot of ways. The vocals remind me of the vocalists from Wuthering Heights and Falconer (secular bands) because there is something extra, something dramatic in his vocals. Cool band.

I wear the t-shirt often as well. It was the last t-shirt I got from Starve the Flesh (aka Metal Helm) right after the shirts came back the last time.

Back to top Go down

Post by Markus1987 on Tue Mar 21, 2017 4:04 am

I've been listening to this band since I bought their "White Winternight"- demo 10 years ago Smile . My favorite song is "Rest In My Arms".
Markus1987
Seasoned Guardian
Seasoned Guardian

Back to top Go down

Post by Andreas89 on Tue Mar 21, 2017 5:21 am

MK58 wrote:I really like the album too. They wear their influences on their sleeves but still sound unique in a lot of ways. The vocals remind me of the vocalists from Wuthering Heights and Falconer (secular bands) because there is something extra, something dramatic in his vocals. Cool band.

I wear the t-shirt often as well. It was the last t-shirt I got from Starve the Flesh (aka Metal Helm) right after the shirts came back the last time.
Funny you mention Falconer. The opening track (Shores of Pitkäjärvi, I think), also had some guitar work that reminded me of them. But they bring a lot of extra goodness to the table compared to Falconer. Finally a band that stands out, even among "secular" bands Very Happy

Markus1987 wrote:I've been listening to this band since I bought their "White Winternight"- demo 10 years ago Smile . My favorite song is "Rest In My Arms".
You hipster. Anyway, that's a real good song indeed. It may be bordering on sappiness, but somehow it isn't at all.
Andreas89
Metal Warrior
Metal Warrior

Back to top Go down

Post by Blake on Tue Mar 21, 2017 10:09 am

Good band. I was on a Northern Flame kick awhile back myself
Blake
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

http://reanimatedradio.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Snert I on Thu Apr 13, 2017 6:05 pm

I've waited for so many years for Niclas Buss to release a full Northern Flame album, but there were "only" these demo songs each time I've checked their webpage. I especially loved the instrumental demo versions. Niclas Buss was involved in several other bands and I almost gave up on Northern Flame.
Then... finally the album has been released - and I still haven't got it Surprised
I was a little late and there only was the expensive special edition left Sad
Now it's available at Nordic Mission for a reasonable price - if the shipping wouldn't be that high! And I don't want to have it as a digital download!
It's a pity that it isn't available in Germany...
Andreas, where did you buy it?

Snert I
Seasoned Guardian
Seasoned Guardian

Back to top Go down

Post by Andreas89 on Fri Apr 14, 2017 5:59 am

Shipping from Nordic Mission is allright... but then again, I just did that once with three albums that were hardly available in another way.

Anyway, I got my copy by emailing Niclas. If you go to the youtube page of the song in my original post, you'll see a reply from him to someone who wants to know the same as you. So he gave his email address.
By the way, I guess there is not much difference costwise between ordering from him and ordering from NM. What made me choose for him is that the money will go directly to him and may be more of an incentive to continue making music.
Andreas89
Metal Warrior
Metal Warrior

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum