The Christian Metal Realm
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

To the Christian labels and distributors here, have you all seen this?

3 posters

Go down

To the Christian labels and distributors here, have you all seen this? Empty To the Christian labels and distributors here, have you all seen this?

Post by New Creation Sun Mar 12, 2017 2:35 pm

https://redemptionvinyl.com/

To all labels and distributors here, you might want to reach out to the folks at the link above if they haven't already contacted you. Let's get metal out there.

Subscription vinyl services are not new, but this is the first time I've seen it done in the Christian market.
New Creation
New Creation
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

To the Christian labels and distributors here, have you all seen this? Empty Re: To the Christian labels and distributors here, have you all seen this?

Post by Markus1987 Mon Mar 13, 2017 4:19 am

Looks pretty interesting
Markus1987
Markus1987
Seasoned Guardian
Seasoned Guardian

Back to top Go down

To the Christian labels and distributors here, have you all seen this? Empty Re: To the Christian labels and distributors here, have you all seen this?

Post by MikeInFla Mon Mar 13, 2017 6:50 am

There is a "secular" version called VNYL that lots of people complain about. When they first started they were sending out used Goodwill records like Pablo Cruise. People were furious that they were paying 30 bucks for 3 albums that consisted of Pablo Cruise, Lionel Ritchie and Donna Summer when the person would say "I want rock records, not throw aways". Although now they send "new" records most of them are indie crap-leftovers that never sold. Some of them look cool because they are colored but I want music that SOUNDS good, not looks good.

This isn't something I would be interested in. I don't want anyone picking what they send me. If I am going to pay for it then I want to pick what I get, much like the old days of Columbia House. Man, I miss Columbia House and BMG.

Here is an interesting article and documentary on Columbia House.

http://www.avclub.com/article/four-columbia-house-insiders-explain-shady-math-be-219964
MikeInFla
MikeInFla
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Temple of Blood likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by New Creation Mon Mar 13, 2017 8:19 am

MikeInFla wrote:There is a "secular" version called VNYL that lots of people complain about. When they first started they were sending out used Goodwill records like Pablo Cruise. People were furious that they were paying 30 bucks for 3 albums that consisted of Pablo Cruise, Lionel Ritchie and Donna Summer when the person would say "I want rock records, not throw aways". Although now they send "new" records most of them are indie crap-leftovers that never sold. Some of them look cool because they are colored but I want music that SOUNDS good, not looks good.

This isn't something I would be interested in. I don't want anyone picking what they send me. If I am going to pay for it then I want to pick what I get, much like the old days of Columbia House. Man, I miss Columbia House and BMG.

Here is an interesting article and documentary on Columbia House.

http://www.avclub.com/article/four-columbia-house-insiders-explain-shady-math-be-219964

Yes, there are several secular vinyl subscription services out there and I'm with you, I would not join any of them, that's why I did not market this thread to the users here, but rather the labels and distributors. Even though we wouldn't join, it's still a way to get the music out there to the folks who would.
New Creation
New Creation
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by MikeInFla Mon Mar 13, 2017 11:49 am

Yeah, might be a good way for Roxx to sell some vinyl although most of theirs are limited runs that sell out pretty fast. But would be cool if some of the distributors would use it.
MikeInFla
MikeInFla
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down