The Christian Metal Realm
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

KORN Guitarist Says Attacks From Christian Community Are 'Really Discouraging'

+5
ThomasEversole
ImagoDei
metaldude
alldatndensum
shekkian
9 posters

Go down

KORN Guitarist Says Attacks From Christian Community Are 'Really Discouraging'  Empty KORN Guitarist Says Attacks From Christian Community Are 'Really Discouraging'

Post by shekkian Sun Mar 12, 2017 11:46 am

shekkian
Seasoned Guardian
Seasoned Guardian

Back to top Go down

KORN Guitarist Says Attacks From Christian Community Are 'Really Discouraging'  Empty Re: KORN Guitarist Says Attacks From Christian Community Are 'Really Discouraging'

Post by alldatndensum Sun Mar 12, 2017 10:41 pm

Great article!

Don't read the comments, though.  There are some vile people out there who hate Christians and Jesus, too.  They were just circling waiting for a place to dump their poison and this article gave them a target.
alldatndensum
alldatndensum
Mullet Wig King

http://www.christianhardmusic.com

Back to top Go down

KORN Guitarist Says Attacks From Christian Community Are 'Really Discouraging'  Empty Re: KORN Guitarist Says Attacks From Christian Community Are 'Really Discouraging'

Post by metaldude Mon Mar 13, 2017 9:30 am

"Do it our way or go to hell." Over 2000 years and religious people are still the same. No wonder Jesus called them whitewashed tombs.
metaldude
metaldude
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by ImagoDei Mon Mar 13, 2017 6:51 pm

I have a lot of respect for Head, and I remember when he originally announced he was rejoining Korn. I saw him on tour with Love and Death, and he said not to worry about him rejoining Korn, that it is a God thing. He said that the guys in Korn had cleaned up (and Fieldy is a believer now too) and he talked about how people in bands like Slipknot and others that he would be in contact with need Jesus too. He's right, and what better way to witness than to be in the scene and others see the change that Jesus has made. Head is the real deal, and he proclaimed the gospel and prayed from the stage. I'll be praying for him. I think the ones who judge and criticize because they don't understand him or what he's doing are the ones that don't get it.

ImagoDei
Seasoned Guardian
Seasoned Guardian

Back to top Go down

Post by ThomasEversole Wed Mar 15, 2017 3:30 pm

metaldude wrote:"Do it our way or go to hell." Over 2000 years and religious people are still the same. No wonder Jesus called them whitewashed tombs.

Too bad this forum is just as guilty as anywhere.

Someone might as well bring up Joel Osteen so those who love proclaiming how wrong he is here can stop chomping at their bit. Never mind anyone inspired by him now getting discouraged after reading us throwing heresy rocks at him, never mind if pulling out the knife of doctrinal error will cause massive internal bleeding.

Can't make an doctrinally correct omelet without cracking a few eggs, right?
ThomasEversole
ThomasEversole
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by Kerrick Wed Mar 15, 2017 4:15 pm

Sigh...

Tyrant
Tyrant

Back to top Go down

Post by d@v!d Wed Mar 15, 2017 4:24 pm

ThomasEversole wrote:
metaldude wrote:"Do it our way or go to hell." Over 2000 years and religious people are still the same. No wonder Jesus called them whitewashed tombs.

Too bad this forum is just as guilty as anywhere.

Someone might as well bring up Joel Osteen so those who love proclaiming how wrong he is here can stop chomping at their bit.  Never mind anyone inspired by him now getting discouraged after reading us throwing heresy rocks at him, never mind if pulling out the knife of doctrinal error will cause massive internal bleeding.

Can't make an doctrinally correct omelet without cracking a few eggs, right?
Need a tissue?
KORN Guitarist Says Attacks From Christian Community Are 'Really Discouraging'  3208ec2a6cfaf0358394f82b6e765f37
I don't get how a guy who carries such a big sword get his feelings hurt so easily. You're a smart guy. I know you could figure this out on your own, but I'll tell it to you since it seems like your emotions are clouding your reasoning right now.

People calling out Osteen should be commended. He's bad news. Your argument saying else-wise is poor and emotive.
Osteen is good because he encourages people.
Cocaine is good because it makes people feel good.

What does Osteen actually teach what the bible really says and do those teachings lead to actual godliness or just mere good feelings?
Does cocaine actually make you better or is it just a temporary feeling? What is the end of it's use? Death.

The bible says that if you are on a false spiritual journey, the end is death.

A few times that people have said things that you disagree with here doesn't make this a bad forum.

You can't make a shell free omelet with a 4 foot sword. If you will carry such a sword, be ready to eat crunchy omelets.
d@v!d
d@v!d
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by arttieTHE1manparty Wed Mar 15, 2017 10:07 pm

Read the article the other day on Facebook, and I agree with it.  Good read.  I truly hope he does another Love And Death record, however.  I LOVED that first one!

Arttie
arttieTHE1manparty
arttieTHE1manparty
The Strongest Man In The World
The Strongest Man In The World

http://www.Glitter2Gutter.blogspot.com

Back to top Go down

Post by ThomasEversole Fri Mar 17, 2017 6:43 am

d@v!d wrote:
Need a tissue?

You know what David. I'm proud of myself for not immediately replying to your thread. The last thing I need is to be banned from here.

I hope you know that this actually has nothing to do with correct doctrine. It probably shouldn't have to do with my emotion being over my intellect, but it does. I've been through hell the past few weeks and I'm just about "done".

Actually, this has more to do with being a jerk about being right.

It's not enough to set the record straight, but lets throw some "cry about it" and "use your big dumb sword to smash it" mockery in there too. You could always say you were just joking when I get offended, right? Joel Osteen. Who's ever cared about the salvation of that guy. It's not like he's anything other than cocaine (rich and white) anyway.

You know, the hymn doesn't say "They'll know we are Christians by our snide remarks."
This is why I regret associating with other Christians. It's not just you, but it sure as hell includes you.
I bet you probably don't even remember the PMs between us back when I thought you and Mortal were a cancer here. You know, I bet you could make that into a joke, what with me having had cancer and all.

I guess one good thing about me holding onto my faith for dear life is that you won't hear me say eff you, "you Christians are all the same" and "take your faith and shove it". Well, I just said it, but just as a hypothetical. Maybe I can have a sword, a box of tissues and cancer in that example as well?
ThomasEversole
ThomasEversole
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by exo Fri Mar 17, 2017 6:52 am

This is why we can't have nice things.  Done and locked before things head any further south.

"You must be," said the Cat, or you wouldn’t have come here."

"Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid."
exo
exo
Wielder of the BanHammer
Wielder of the BanHammer

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down