The Christian Metal Realm
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Sacred Warrior - Master's Command reissue announced

+10
Athanasius
Follower of Jesus
xMetalMarkx
TheOldMan2084
PlaceOfASkull
heck
Black Rider
Soldier777
arttieTHE1manparty
Bill Roxx
14 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Sacred Warrior - Master's Command reissue announced Empty Sacred Warrior - Master's Command reissue announced

Post by Bill Roxx Wed Mar 08, 2017 9:00 pm

Roxx Records is very excited to announce the next classic Christian Metal band getting their special reissue treatment courtesy of legendary power metal band SACRED WARRIOR with their second official release ‘Master’s Command’. 

The year was 1989, the band was hot and garnering rave reviews from their debut album ‘Rebellion’ released the prior year in 1988 via Intense Records. Everyone’s expectations were high waiting for the band to unveil this one, their sophomore effort, and it did not disappoint! 

By the late 80’s the Christian metal movement was really beginning to grow. Bands like Bloodgood and Stryper were already very popular on the scene. However, most new bands were either moving towards the popular thrash or pop metal sounds. There were very few Christian bands exploring the melodic and progressive style of bands like Queensryche, Crimson Glory and Fates Warning, but Sacred Warrior did it, and they did it very well!

‘Master’s Command’ was originally released in the Summer of 1989 on Intense Records to rave reviews and critical acclaim. The original release was pressed on CD and cassette only throughout the US with a very limited pressing on vinyl that was only released in Europe. With the resurgence of vinyl, and the limited quantity of this LP originally pressed in Europe it is very hard to find, and if found fetches high dollars on sites like eBay and Discogs. Even the CD pressing can prove difficult to obtain at a decent price these days. 

Roxx Records is very happy to announce a very special, and very limited, remastered and reworked version of Master’s Command that will be officially released on April 14, 2017. This special edition features revised artwork that holds true to the original classic album cover courtesy of Scott Waters (Ultimatum, Roxx Productions, No Life til Metal). As well, the CD and vinyl versions were compiled and completely remastered for CD and vinyl by Sacred Warrior’s very own Steve Watkins. Officially licensed through Meis Music Group, we are happy to bring you this very special Limited Edition release. 

There will be a limited vinyl pressing of only 300 pieces made available, 100 pieces only will be on a translucent blue vinyl, while the remaining 200 will be on black vinyl. By overwhelming request we are happy to announce we will also be releasing a limited edition CD pressing in a very special digipack version. 

Don’t hold out to long, these limited edition vinyl releases have been going really quick, recent reissues from artists like Deliverance, Recon, Oracle and Ultimatum have all sold out quickly! 

For full release details and limited edition packages visit www.roxxproductions.com
Bill Roxx
Bill Roxx
Metal Warrior
Metal Warrior

http://www.roxxproductions.com

Back to top Go down

Sacred Warrior - Master's Command reissue announced Empty Re: Sacred Warrior - Master's Command reissue announced

Post by arttieTHE1manparty Thu Mar 09, 2017 6:38 am

Bill, I know others are going to ask, so I'll just throw this out to you...

Are there any bonus tracks, demos, etc.?

Arttie
arttieTHE1manparty
arttieTHE1manparty
The Strongest Man In The World
The Strongest Man In The World

http://www.Glitter2Gutter.blogspot.com

Back to top Go down

Sacred Warrior - Master's Command reissue announced Empty Re: Sacred Warrior - Master's Command reissue announced

Post by Bill Roxx Thu Mar 09, 2017 7:08 am

Awe Arttie, the question of the day award goes to you! lol unfortunately not on this one, working with the band directly on this one they wanted to keep it true to the original release only so we respected their wishes on this one.
Bill Roxx
Bill Roxx
Metal Warrior
Metal Warrior

Back to top Go down

Post by Soldier777 Thu Mar 09, 2017 8:00 am

I may get this. I got the original Intense  Records CD version a few years ago. I also have the original Intense Records version of Recon Behind Enemy Lines CD and I missed out on the re release CD.

Last edited by Soldier777 on Sat Mar 25, 2017 2:55 pm; edited 1 time in total
Soldier777
Soldier777
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by Black Rider Thu Mar 09, 2017 8:28 am

My favorite by them so this will be nice to hear.
Black Rider
Black Rider
Sacred Metal Prophet
Sacred Metal Prophet

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Mar 10, 2017 3:16 pm

Bought this a few years ago and when it came it was bootleg (two different record labels listed between the book and sleeve). I'd be excited to hear it remastered. It's an amazing album! They and Haven are incredible bands for someone who was always big on Fates Warning and Queensryche's old material.

Back to top Go down

Post by heck Wed Mar 22, 2017 8:20 pm

Thanks for the heads up. Placed my order.

heck
Seasoned Guardian
Seasoned Guardian

Back to top Go down

Post by Bill Roxx Fri Mar 24, 2017 8:20 pm

Thanks guys, If you want this one get your orders in now, I WAY under printed this one again. I have distributors wanting copies all over and the blue vinyl is gone, cds half gone. Black vinyl down to 100 or less. Its going to sell out like Recon. I should have learned! Deliverance, Recon, Sacred Warrior I printed 300 vinyl only and should have done 500! The new Holy Soldier will be 500 I promise!
Bill Roxx
Bill Roxx
Metal Warrior
Metal Warrior

Back to top Go down

Post by PlaceOfASkull Sat Mar 25, 2017 12:58 pm

Ordered. They are 1 of 2 of my favorite bands!

PlaceOfASkull
Seasoned Guardian
Seasoned Guardian

Back to top Go down

Post by TheOldMan2084 Sat Mar 25, 2017 1:29 pm

I feel like the CD version being made is my fault. I think I was one of the first to suggest it on Facebook. :-)
TheOldMan2084
TheOldMan2084
Seasoned Guardian
Seasoned Guardian

Back to top Go down

Post by Bill Roxx Sat Mar 25, 2017 1:37 pm

I think it was you! Ha ha thanks for the push! Wink
Bill Roxx
Bill Roxx
Metal Warrior
Metal Warrior

Back to top Go down

Post by Soldier777 Sat Mar 25, 2017 3:02 pm

I'll likely pass on the Holy Soldier Last Train reissue unless it has a few bonus tracks. I have the original red and black Myrrh/Word North American and the grey/green Japanese Pony Caynon versions. I may get it if I sell one of my copies which will likely be the Japanese one. Then again it might be cool to have all 3 versions. Bill will the Holy Soldier reissue gave the same cover as the original Myrrh version and will there be bonus tracks?

Last edited by Soldier777 on Sat Mar 25, 2017 3:08 pm; edited 3 times in total
Soldier777
Soldier777
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by Bill Roxx Sat Mar 25, 2017 3:04 pm

Last Train will be the first time on vinyl, cd has been completely remastered by Cliffy! Sounds amazing!
Bill Roxx
Bill Roxx
Metal Warrior
Metal Warrior

Back to top Go down

Post by PlaceOfASkull Fri Apr 14, 2017 5:36 pm

Got it today on CD. Sounds way better than the MP3 they gave away on their website many years ago. Very Happy
The instruments and vocals are more profound.

PlaceOfASkull
Seasoned Guardian
Seasoned Guardian

Back to top Go down

Post by xMetalMarkx Mon Apr 17, 2017 5:26 pm

I've listened to about half of the CD so far.  I think it clears up a good bit of the murkiness that hampered the original.  Thanks for making it available again with noticeably improved sound.
xMetalMarkx
xMetalMarkx
Seasoned Guardian
Seasoned Guardian

Back to top Go down

Post by Follower of Jesus Wed Apr 26, 2017 9:41 am

I ordered this, but I need to rant a little bit about it.

First, not everyone wants CDs anymore. The assumption that someone always wants a physical product, in today's world, is ridiculous. I don't have room in my house anymore and stopped buying CDs about 4 years ago. I've really not regretted it. If you don't want to sell it track by track, that's fine. Sell the album as a complete download. But good grief, sell it as a download! You can still print CDs and vinyl for those who want it. But to not even give the option for a download?! Dumb, and frustrating.

Second, for many of us who already have this album on CD (I had this before I gave up CDs), it feels like a waste to have to pay the full cost of a CD, plus shipping, for a physical product I don't want. All I am interested in is the new music files, not the physical product. I'm tempted to rip the songs from the CD and sell it used immediately afterward, but that is technically stealing, so I won't. But when you don't give an option for downloading music, it makes me angry and leads me to want to recoup as much of the cost as I can.

I don't mean disrespect to Bill, and he is not alone on this. But guys like him need to come into the 21st century. Make these albums available for download and please stop insisting on people purchasing a physical copy.
Follower of Jesus
Follower of Jesus
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by Athanasius Wed Apr 26, 2017 11:05 am

Follower of Jesus wrote:I ordered this, but I need to rant a little bit about it.

First, not everyone wants CDs anymore. The assumption that someone always wants a physical product, in today's world, is ridiculous. I don't have room in my house anymore and stopped buying CDs about 4 years ago. I've really not regretted it. If you don't want to sell it track by track, that's fine. Sell the album as a complete download. But good grief, sell it as a download! You can still print CDs and vinyl for those who want it. But to not even give the option for a download?! Dumb, and frustrating.

Second, for many of us who already have this album on CD (I had this before I gave up CDs), it feels like a waste to have to pay the full cost of a CD, plus shipping, for a physical product I don't want. All I am interested in is the new music files, not the physical product. I'm tempted to rip the songs from the CD and sell it used immediately afterward, but that is technically stealing, so I won't. But when you don't give an option for downloading music, it makes me angry and leads me to want to recoup as much of the cost as I can.

I don't mean disrespect to Bill, and he is not alone on this. But guys like him need to come into the 21st century. Make these albums available for download and please stop insisting on people purchasing a physical copy.

I understand where you're coming from.  These days I buy downloads whenever possible.  The only way I'll purchase a physical copy is if there is no other way, or perhaps if it comes with bonus tracks that the download doesn't.  And even then, only if I REALLY want it.
Athanasius
Athanasius
Metal Warrior
Metal Warrior

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Apr 26, 2017 1:21 pm

Pretty interesting. I rant about the exact opposite. I hate download only albums and physical copies with no lyrics. I want the whole thing.

I do understand having both options though, especially when these two polar opposites are very common.

Back to top Go down

Post by My Awesome Timothy Thu Apr 27, 2017 2:31 am

MK58 wrote:Pretty interesting. I rant about the exact opposite. I hate download only albums and physical copies with no lyrics. I want the whole thing.

I do understand having both options though, especially when these two polar opposites are very common.

+1
My Awesome Timothy
My Awesome Timothy
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by MikeInFla Thu Apr 27, 2017 3:55 am

Yep, physical copies for me too. After all, I have yet to find a "used" MP3 or download store that will trade for releases. A few years ago I wanted to hear some old time music so I bought an MP3 download of Sha-Na-Na. Come to find out it was re-recorded versions by a new line up and the songs sounded crappy. I didn't even listen to the whole thing and deleted it. If it had been a CD I could have simply traded it off but as a result I ended up wasting 6 bucks on a download I would never listen to.

Don't get me wrong, I rip stuff to my phone and ipod all the time for ease of use but the only way to get rid of stuff you don't want is to have a physical copy.
MikeInFla
MikeInFla
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by TheOldMan2084 Thu Apr 27, 2017 4:36 am

I'm on the "physical copy" end of the spectrum as well. First, I actually want to own the thing I spent money on. No one owns downloaded files, they are licensed. I'm no conspiracy theorist or anything, but if Itunes or Amazon decides you don't own those licenses anymore then you don't. 

Also, I just like having the copy in my hands. I like the packaging, the artwork, the lyrics. There's just something about a deluxe two-disc media book edition of something that makes me happy.

However, I understand the clutter issue. You can't just collect everything. At some point you're just a hoarder! :-)
TheOldMan2084
TheOldMan2084
Seasoned Guardian
Seasoned Guardian

Back to top Go down

Post by Follower of Jesus Thu Apr 27, 2017 5:26 am

I'm not condemning physical copies. Like I said, they should offer both the physical copy and the download.
Follower of Jesus
Follower of Jesus
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by Black Rider Thu Apr 27, 2017 9:04 am

I'm with FoJ. There are albums I buy physical copies of but I have more music because of downloads.
Black Rider
Black Rider
Sacred Metal Prophet
Sacred Metal Prophet

Back to top Go down

Post by cailen Thu Apr 27, 2017 10:18 am

From my perception:

Physical CD: I love the artwork and the book to the music!
                    It is real stuff!

I collect and like vinyl! The artwort is XXL!

From my most loved releases I have them both:
The CD and the vinyl. For me it means to esteem the piece of art.
I own the originals which can´t easily be copied or given away for free.

Maybe it depends on the century in which you were born
 or I am just to old!  scratch face palm

Smile  Rockin Loud Laughing
cailen
cailen
Seasoned Guardian
Seasoned Guardian

Back to top Go down

Post by Black Rider Thu Apr 27, 2017 10:50 am

Nah, it's personal preference, i'm older then you.
Black Rider
Black Rider
Sacred Metal Prophet
Sacred Metal Prophet

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next