The Christian Metal Realm
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Believer - New Music? (First Post in over 2 years)

+12
My Awesome Timothy
Follower of Jesus
crucifyd
New Creation
arttieTHE1manparty
TheOldMan2084
roblinb
FreeRangeBeliever
Sir Shred A Lot
metaldude
Temple of Blood
Hardcore Christian
16 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Believer - New Music? (First Post in over 2 years) Empty Believer - New Music? (First Post in over 2 years)

Post by Hardcore Christian Mon Feb 27, 2017 2:42 pm

Believer just posted on their facebook for the first time in over 2 years

They said: "New music, new brew coming in March!"

Along with a photo of the brew

Believer - New Music? (First Post in over 2 years) 16806825_10154831774035236_3259433100425014459_n
Hardcore Christian
Hardcore Christian
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Believer - New Music? (First Post in over 2 years) Empty Re: Believer - New Music? (First Post in over 2 years)

Post by Temple of Blood Mon Feb 27, 2017 2:49 pm

Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing
Temple of Blood
Temple of Blood
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

http://www.templeofblood.net

Back to top Go down

Believer - New Music? (First Post in over 2 years) Empty Re: Believer - New Music? (First Post in over 2 years)

Post by metaldude Mon Feb 27, 2017 3:20 pm

Metal 1 Metal 1 Metal 1
metaldude
metaldude
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by Sir Shred A Lot Wed Mar 01, 2017 1:01 pm

Thanks for sharing this news. I had given up hope that they would ever release new music.

I noticed on their website that they are listing the exact release date as March 18th.

Sir Shred A Lot
Seasoned Guardian
Seasoned Guardian

Back to top Go down

Post by FreeRangeBeliever Sat Mar 04, 2017 6:35 am

I was very shocked to see this news the other day...there had been no news for about 2 years...
Don't know if the new music on March 18th is a total new album or just new songs ahead of an album release.
FreeRangeBeliever
FreeRangeBeliever
Metal Warrior
Metal Warrior

Back to top Go down

Post by roblinb Sun Mar 05, 2017 8:58 am

Yeah that's pretty awesome.  I'm willing to bet that the music will be good but I have to say that I'm most interested in what direction that they go lyrically.  Gabriel was a bit bleak, and less openly Christian than their earlier material, and Transhuman was a concept album.  

I have no idea what to expect from these guys, but it should be entertaining at least.

roblinb
mallcore n00b
mallcore n00b

Back to top Go down

Post by TheOldMan2084 Mon Mar 06, 2017 6:38 pm

I liked Gabriel alright, but didn't care much for Transhuman. I kinda wish they'd just give in and give us a thrash album.
TheOldMan2084
TheOldMan2084
Seasoned Guardian
Seasoned Guardian

Back to top Go down

Post by arttieTHE1manparty Tue Mar 07, 2017 6:27 am

Absolutely not trying to stir the pot here, but I thought it was a pretty widely held belief that Believer were...well...no longer believers.

Arttie
arttieTHE1manparty
arttieTHE1manparty
The Strongest Man In The World

http://www.Glitter2Gutter.blogspot.com

Back to top Go down

Post by New Creation Tue Mar 07, 2017 6:54 am

arttieTHE1manparty wrote:Absolutely not trying to stir the pot here, but I thought it was a pretty widely held belief that Believer were...well...no longer believers.

Arttie

I believe that is correct.
New Creation
New Creation
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by crucifyd Tue Mar 07, 2017 8:11 am

arttieTHE1manparty wrote:Absolutely not trying to stir the pot here, but I thought it was a pretty widely held belief that Believer were...well...no longer believers.

hmmm...I've never seen anything about this...

have they stated that they are not Christians? or are you referring to the whole "Christain band" vs "Christians in a band" thing? (I dont' think you are, just looking for clarification)

do you have any sources?
crucifyd
crucifyd
Metal Warrior
Metal Warrior

http://www.crucifyd.com

Back to top Go down

Post by New Creation Tue Mar 07, 2017 9:02 am

crucifyd wrote:

have they stated that they are not Christians? or are you referring to the whole "Christain band" vs "Christians in a band" thing? (I dont' think you are, just looking for clarification)

do you have any sources?

This discussion happened a few years ago. 

https://thecmr.forumotion.com/t6239-is-believer-still-a-christian-band
New Creation
New Creation
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by Follower of Jesus Tue Mar 07, 2017 10:12 am

Arttie

I thought about this when I saw the thread, but decided to keep my mouth shut. The owner of the board can do it, though!  Twisted Evil
Follower of Jesus
Follower of Jesus
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by arttieTHE1manparty Tue Mar 07, 2017 2:05 pm

I do what I want when I want! MWAHAHAH!

Like I said (and anyone who knows me knows this to be true) I am NOT a pot-stirrer. It was more a question than a statement.

Arttie
arttieTHE1manparty
arttieTHE1manparty

http://www.Glitter2Gutter.blogspot.com

Back to top Go down

Post by crucifyd Sat Mar 11, 2017 11:23 am

New Creation wrote:
crucifyd wrote:

do you have any sources?

This discussion happened a few years ago. 

https://thecmr.forumotion.com/t6239-is-believer-still-a-christian-band

well I read the thread and listened to the podcast (admittedly was doing other on the computer as well, so not paying 100% attention). I didn't read/hear anything that seemed like Kurt or anyone saying something along the lines of "I am not a Christian" but rather all I came away with is something they've been saying for at least 25 years, the whole thing of not wanting the "Christian band" label...
crucifyd
crucifyd
Metal Warrior
Metal Warrior

Back to top Go down

Post by Sir Shred A Lot Sat Mar 11, 2017 11:47 am

I've never seen anywhere that Kurt or Joey has said anything remotely like, "I am no longer a Christian." Where have they said such a thing?

Yes, they've said that they're not a Christian band, but that's the same thing that people like Michael Sweet have said repeatedly, too.

Sir Shred A Lot
Seasoned Guardian
Seasoned Guardian

Back to top Go down

Post by crucifyd Sat Mar 11, 2017 12:47 pm

Sir Shred A Lot wrote:I've never seen anywhere that Kurt or Joey has said anything remotely like, "I am no longer a Christian." Where have they said such a thing?

Yes, they've said that they're not a Christian band, but that's the same thing that people like Michael Sweet have said repeatedly, too.

my post above about reading/listening was mainly in response to this post:

Arttie
crucifyd
crucifyd
Metal Warrior
Metal Warrior

Back to top Go down

Post by My Awesome Timothy Fri Mar 17, 2017 3:53 am

Just over 13 hours to go!!!!  Cool
My Awesome Timothy
My Awesome Timothy
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by TheOldMan2084 Fri Mar 17, 2017 5:07 am

I'll be really interested to see what direction they go in this time.
TheOldMan2084
TheOldMan2084
Seasoned Guardian
Seasoned Guardian

Back to top Go down

Post by My Awesome Timothy Fri Mar 17, 2017 12:49 pm

TheOldMan2084 wrote:I'll be really interested to see what direction they go in this time.
What when they go on tour?!!!   Rolf 2 Rolf 1 lol!
My Awesome Timothy
My Awesome Timothy
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by Sir Shred A Lot Fri Mar 17, 2017 1:58 pm

I'm seeing info pop up in different places, but can't find the original sources. Here is some info, and then be sure to follow the links for new band photos and artwork:

Pennsylvania-based progressive metallers BELIEVER are back with new music. New songs from the band will be made available throughout 2017, culminating in the release of a physical product to be announced later this year. BELIEVER fans will enjoy (or not) digital releases every few months with new artwork from Eye Level Studio's Michael Rosner to accompany each release. The first installment, titled "1 Of 5", contains two songs and will be released via Trauma Team Productions on March 18. The songs were mixed by Kevin Gutierrez (RAVENPROJECT: FAILING FLESHDECEASEDDYSRYTHMIAGARDEN OF SHADOWS) at Assembly Line Studios and mastered by Bill Wolf of Wolf Productions.
As BELIEVER fans know, the band's sound is constantly evolving as they explore new creative directions with each release. Kurt Bachman (guitar/vocals) explains: "At this point our goal was to write good songs, but to also make ourselves feel a bit musically uncomfortable.
"We have long admired the musicianship of RUSHYESKANSAS, etc., but it was their ability to write great, memorable songs that has always inspired us.
"After 30 years, I would say that with these songs, we are combining the BELIEVER sound with our very early musical roots and having a fun time doing it!"
To coincide with the first installment of new music and to celebrate the 30th anniversary of both Pennsylvania institutions, BELIEVER and Stoudts Brewing Company (Adamstown, Pennsylvania) are releasing Believer Double Bock beer on March 18.
In true BELIEVER style, this brew is unique. The limited release Believer Double Bock Beer, aged in port and red wine barrels, blends coffee and dark chocolate malt flavors with hints of caramel and dark fruits for a taste experience that exemplifies the art of brewing beer and making music. The beer's label and packaging were also designed by Michael Rosner of Eye Level StudioBeliever Double Bock is a limited release and will be available at Stoudts Restaurant and select Pennsylvania locations.
BELIEVER gained worldwide recognition for its boundary-breaking, artistic form of progressive metal music, throwing open the doors to collaborations between metal and orchestral musicians and sealing the band's legacy. Their focus on creativity and innovation has earned praise from fans and musicians worldwide.
BELIEVER's last album, "Transhuman", was released in April 2011 via Metal Blade Records.
Visit believerband.com for information regarding the new music and Stoudts Believer Double Bock retail locations and merchandise.
BELIEVER is:
Kurt Bachman - Guitar, Bass, Vocals
Jeff King - Keyboards, Bass, Guitar
Kevin Leaman - Guitar
Joey Daub - Drums

Believer - New Music? (First Post in over 2 years) Believer-1of5-cover800px

http://www.blabbermouth.net/news/legendary-pennsylvania-prog-metallers-believer-to-release-new-music-throughout-2017/
http://www.believerband.com/music/

Sir Shred A Lot
Seasoned Guardian
Seasoned Guardian

Back to top Go down

Post by Sir Shred A Lot Fri Mar 17, 2017 8:30 pm

The two new tunes are "Home" and "888." My worst fears have become realized...

These tunes are nothing like the Believer I have loved. It's basically nu-metal with some atmospherics thrown in. "Home" just drags on and on. It's about two minutes longer than it should be. "888" has more crunch, but it lacks energy. I don't even think I'll bother to listen to the remaining eight songs that they'll be releasing this year. Yuck...

I thought that "Gabriel" and "Transhuman" were OK, but these new songs do nothing for me.

Sir Shred A Lot
Seasoned Guardian
Seasoned Guardian

Back to top Go down

Post by My Awesome Timothy Fri Mar 17, 2017 9:52 pm

Sir Shred A Lot wrote:The two new tunes are "Home" and "888." My worst fears have become realized...

These tunes are nothing like the Believer I have loved. It's basically nu-metal with some atmospherics thrown in. "Home" just drags on and on. It's about two minutes longer than it should be. "888" has more crunch, but it lacks energy. I don't even think I'll bother to listen to the remaining eight songs that they'll be releasing this year. Yuck...

I thought that "Gabriel" and "Transhuman" were OK, but these new songs do nothing for me.

Oh dear!!!  Neutral
My Awesome Timothy
My Awesome Timothy
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by average joe Fri Mar 17, 2017 10:21 pm

Yeah, as if naming a beer Believer was not enough of a turn-off.

average joe
Metal Warrior
Metal Warrior

Back to top Go down

Post by Louder Sat Mar 18, 2017 12:06 am

It's not what I was hoping for, but I enjoyed both songs.
Louder
Louder
Seasoned Guardian
Seasoned Guardian

Back to top Go down

Post by My Awesome Timothy Sat Mar 18, 2017 1:34 am

Just listened to the new songs, they are enjoyable but because I love thrash metal I can't help but think.....Believer you were such a talented thrash metal band one of the best in the world...... please bring back the thrash!!! What has happened to mighty Believer?!!!  Suspect
My Awesome Timothy
My Awesome Timothy
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next